rich in everything but money

March 25, 2011

amazing barfing girl

I have this great piece about Molly pretty much ready to post. But Molly is sick. So it doesn't feel right to post it now. So instead I'm posting about having a sick little girl who is sick for mysterious reasons. I'm very very glad that all her tests today came back clear but I would really really like to know why she is still throwing up and having excruciating tummy pain. But as gloomy as that sounds, there are many bright spots. And I guess this is a good post topic - the resilience of kids.

Moll's been under the weather for a week now. But when she's feeling good she's skipping and biking (well she was before the damn snow) and arguing with her brother and taking good care of her luvies. How the heck does she have the energy to skip? The last actual real meal she ate and held down was lunch 7 days ago! Everyone knows kids have reserves and energy that mere adults dream of having. It is beyond all logic and comprehension that she has the desire to do anything other than sleep. But yesterday after listlessly lying around at the doctor's office she has a strong desire to chase her brother and demand cheetos from the vending machine. Just watching her get sick kills any desire I might have for cheetos. And at the hospital today with half a bag of saline in her system she was bouncing around the room and demanding that I change the TV channel. (Is it just me or is a trip to Sick Kids kind of like a kids dream come true? I mean aside from the potential needles and tests, there are private rooms with TV, more stickers than you could dream of, freezies and she got a stuffed dragon for being brave with the IV!)

So here we are; every time she stops being sick I pray that this will be the last bout. She's sleeping now and every thing is crossed that she won't be sick again. Get well soon brave and spunky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment